Juneau, the capital of Alaska, was founded during a gold rush in 1880 and today counts some of Alaska's most spectacular scenery among its riches. Nestled at the foot of Mt. Juneau in the Alaska Panhandle, the town has an amazing glacial landscape that includes the Mendenhall Glacier.
Attractions and Activities:
- Relive Juneau's gold-rush history and pan for gold in the authentic setting of Gold Creek.
- Fly in a floatplane over five breathtaking glaciers to the Taku Glacier Lodge for a king salmon feast.
- Take a fully narrated helicopter flight over four translucent glaciers within the Juneau Ice Field. Soar past towering peaks and picturesque alpine lakes on this exciting adventure.
- Explore Juneau on foot. With more trails than roads, Alaska's capital features world-class hiking - through glacial waterfalls and the largest temperate rainforest in the state.
- On Auke Bay, take a high-speed catamaran ride specifically designed for wildlife-watching. The bay is rich with humpback and killer whales, sea lions, and porpoises.
This is a hosted Adventure and these the are optional group excursions we are featuring. Enjoy these activities with your travel companions.
HELICOPTER ICEFIELD EXCURSION
$352.00 per person - under 280 lbs
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- Helicopter flight to Herbert, Taku, Lemon or Norris Glacier
- 15-20 minute glacier walk
- Once-in-a-lifetime photos and memories
This most popular tour will take you from the Juneau airport for a one-hour extravaganza over the Juneau Icefield, traveling to the Herbert, Taku, Lemon, or Norris Glacier.
Only moments after departing from the airport, you will be flying over spectacular rock formations and icefalls. The tour is narrated by either your knowledgeable pilot/guide or a custom CD.
Upon reaching your destination, your pilot/guide will shut down the helicopter and escort you on an informative, relaxing walk while describing the area that surrounds you. The glacier walk will be approximately 15-20 minutes long.
We will provide transportation to and from the downtown area to make your experience topnotch.
Actual length of tour is approximately 1 hour. The total trip length, including transfer time to and from the cruise ship pier, is approximately 2.5 hours.
- > Home
Cruises & Tours
- > Alaska Cruise
- > Danube River Cruise
- > Rhine River Cruise
- > Sonoma Valley Land Tour
- > Travel Groups
- > YouTube Videos
- > Book a Trip
- > About Us